Due to the progression of Covid-19 and in our state, AIRES has closed the majority of our day programs. These programs will remain closed until further notice.
We are looking for committed, compassionate people to do this essential work. Please click on the APPLY ONLINE link at the bottom right of the page.
We understand that there is much concern regarding the Covid-19 virus and its potential impact on you and your family. Please be assured that the health of the people we support is always our top priority.
AIRES is working closely with the Division of Developmental Disabilities, County Health Departments and the Centers for Disease Control regarding all potential health issues on a regular basis. AIRES takes direction from the County Health Department on any public health issues that impact our employees and the people we support. We are asking for your help and support as we take the following steps to ensure the health and safety of the people we support.
- Enhanced cleaning schedules are in place at all programs.
- Staff have been provided instructions to increase hand washing and other measures to prevent the spread of illness.
- Staff have been provided instructions on identifying the signs and symptoms of Covid-19 and have been instructed to not come to work if they have such symptoms.
- Community outings and activities are cancelled.
- AIRES is attempting to obtain personal protective equipment and making those items available as we receive them.
- Visitors are prohibited at our programs until further notice. If you want to see your family member, we request that you meet with them outside of our homes or programs or take them to your home. (This is done to limit exposure for all the folks supported in the program/home and is based on the federal recommendations for nursing homes and other care facilities) We will make exceptions for compassionate care situations with District Director approval.
The above measures may seem extreme to some but many of the people we support are considered high risk and it is with them in mind that we take these steps/precautions. This pandemic situation continues to evolve and as we get more information our plan to support the people we serve will continue to evolve. We are committed to do all we can to get through this very serious situation. AIRES continues to work closely with public health officials and will keep you updated with any developments that could impact us. Thank you for all you do to ensure the health and safety of the people we support.
Wendy M. Shaw
AIRES President & CEO